This website is optimised for modern browsers.
We recommend using an up to date modern web browser such as - Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.Continue to website with reduced functionality
Sunkist Navel Orange Cake
- Serves 10
- Prep time 30mins
- Cooking time 60mins
2 whole Sunkist® Navel oranges, juiced
1 cup caster sugar
3 cups almond meal
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1 whole Sunkist® Navel orange
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp. orange blossom water (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 320°F.
- Grease and line an 8″ round cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Whisk your eggs and sugar until pale and thick.
- Add your juiced oranges mixture, almond meal, baking powder and cardamom and gently fold through your ingredients until everything is combined.
- Carefully spoon your mixture into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through and a skewer inserted into the middle removes clean. Allow your cake to cool whilst you prepare your syrup.
- To make the syrup, use a zester to remove the rind from your orange and set aside.
- Next, juice your oranges and pour the juice into a small saucepan.
- Add your sugar and water and place your saucepan over a low heat, stirring constantly until your sugar dissolves and your syrup begins to thicken.
- Add your zest and orange blossom water (if using) and allow to cool before drizzling over your cooled cake.
Recipe sourced from Sunkist