This website is optimised for modern browsers.
We recommend using an up to date modern web browser such as - Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.Continue to website with reduced functionality
Orange Juice Mint Smash
- Serves 1
- Prep time 10mins
- Cooking time 5mins
2 Valencia oranges, juiced
3 tablespoons of bourbon
2 tablespoons orange syrup
1 fresh mint sprig
1 Valencia orange slice
Crushed ice, for serving
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Valencia orange, zested
1/2 cup water
- In a tall glass or wine glass, muddle together the orange syrup (recipe below), mint sprig and orange slice.
- Stir in the orange juice and bourbon, fill glass with crushed ice and stir.
- Garnish with additional mint sprig and orange slice and serve.
To make orange syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and orange zest with water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved, 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then strain.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Recipe sourced from Sunkist