This website is optimised for modern browsers.
We recommend using an up to date modern web browser such as - Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.Continue to website with reduced functionality
Lemon Moroccan Chicken
- Serves 4
- Prep time 10mins
- Cooking time 35mins
6 chicken thighs (ideally bone-in and skin-on)
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 First Fresh lemon, sliced
1 1/2 cups of pearl couscous
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
3 cups of chicken broth
1 cup pitted green olives
1/2 cup diced dried apricots
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup fresh herbs (mint and/or parsley)
- Preheat oven to 350F and place rack in the middle.
- Mix spices together: cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Spread the spice mixture on the chicken thighs and distribute well.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Sear thighs for 5-6 minutes on each side. Transfer thighs to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the onion, garlic and sliced lemon and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Then add the pearl couscous and mix well. Add the mustard and mix again.
- Add chicken broth, seared chicken, olives and apricots. Season to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Fry almonds in a skillet for 5 minutes.
- Garnish chicken with almonds and fresh herbs.
Recipe sourced from 5+ A Day